What is AWANA?
Awana is a Bible-based youth program for kids 3 years old through 12th grade. The emphasis is on Bible memorization and is a proven outreach program that gets children involved in learning God’s Word and developing a personal relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ. The three segments of a club evening encompass Handbook© time, Game© time and Council© time.
Club members use this time to recite carefully selected Scripture which emphasizes God’s plan of salvation and how to live daily as Christians. Clubbers work with one Leader throughout the whole year and children benefit from the relationships they build with their Leader who is intentionally mentoring them. Handbooks are used at home to build on personal time with the Lord and clubbers earn awards, which they wear on a uniform, that encourage participation in all facets of club. Leaders attend a training session to help equip them to work with the children in club.
The key to Awana's success is often stated as GAME TIME because most clubbers will tell you it's their favorite part of club night. Awana games are fun! Clubbers participate in exciting team games on the Awana Circle. Competition is not emphasized in the early grades, but gradually increases with the higher grade levels. Clubbers learn teamwork, sharing, and discipline.
This is when the Club Director or Leaders share a Gospel message with the clubbers; many times these messages tell stories about real life situations. They also learn about missionaries and how God sent His Son to be the Savior of the world. Audio and visual aids catch a child’s attention and convey a spiritual truth that they can remember for the rest of their lives.
Awana at Grace
- Wednesday nights from 6:30-8:00 PM for 6th grade and younger.
- Jr High/Trek and High School/Journey is Monday evenings from 6:30-8:30 PM.
For questions, contact Misty King.
REGISTRATION for 2017/18
- Registration is OPEN for Grace leaders and their children. Registration forms are available any club night at the Awana tables.
- Registration for Grace families who are not able to serve (given we have space) is June 5 in the Conference Center, 6:30-8:00 PM.
- Non-Grace family registration will be in August if space is available. (Date to be determined.)